Summary of activities undertaken in 2009
1. Transforming Textiles One Day Conference at Colaiste Stiofain Naofa.
2. Skills exchange “Dry Needle Felting” Carmel Creaner : 19th April 2009.
3. “Elemental” an exhibition of textiles at St.Fin Barre’s Cathedral Cork June 2009, opened by Una Parsons, CEO Crafts Council of Ireland.
4. “Machine Embroidery and Collage” : 2 day Masterclass with Lynn Kenny in Fota House 14/15th June 2009.
5. Eight CTN members were selected to participate in the Glucksman Craft Fair 6/7 November 2009. This prestigious event helped to establish our members work and bring high quality of textile workmanship across a munber of disciplines to the general but discerning public.
6. CTN take a stand at the Knitting and Stitching show in the RDS 28th October – 2nd November 2009. The quality of the stand was particularly high this year and very well organised. It is felt that this is a worthwhile event to participate in provided that there are enough volunteers to man the stand.
7. CTN members participate in the Courtyard Christmas Craft fair, Midleton.
8. The CTN is invited to participate in the Stroud International Festival of Textiles in May 2010 by their Director, Lizzi Walton. This is a prestigious event for which a juried show will travel to Stroud. Work will be selected from Elemental and The Long. Teachers will also travel over to give workshops.
9. “The Long Note” an exhibition of work by members of CTN at the Cork School of Music 23rd November – 20th December.
10. Monthly Gatherings at Bishopstown Library: the Network now meets on a regular basis at the Bishopstown Library usually the second Tuesday of every month.