Entitled Passing Through the exhibition at CSM will run from 25 Nov - 15 Dec click image for more information
Cork School of Music
25 Nov - 15 Dec
This is an open exhibition for work by all members of CTN. The title “Passing Through” can follow on from the “Re-Members” exhibition or be completely new work.
All work must be wall hung.
The School of Music/CIT “Pause” policy statement (see attached) does not allow 3d, freestanding, or pieces with dangly bits due to Health and Safety requirements.
It is also worth noting that there are a lot of children in the school every evening so you don’t want them pulling at your piece and damaging it or killing themselves!
Work must be either unframed or if framed, pieces must be in white frames only.
Work must be ready to hang with appropriate fixtures.
Hanging details (D rings) must be located at the top back of the work. (see hanging guide below)
There is no size restriction.
The hanging fee is €10 per piece which is to be paid on the delivery of work.
Please specify if your piece is for sale and at what price or if not for sale (NFS)
Sales are subject to a 20% commission for CTN.
Please label your work well and label your packaging.
Delivery of works
Works should be delivered to the School of Music, Union Quay, Cork on Saturday the 25th of November 2017 between 10am and 12.
Hanging will be in the afternoon.
Please provide the following information:
- 1.Your name as you would like it to appear on the exhibition label
- 2.Title of the piece being submitted
- 3.Price or NFS
- 4.Materials and processes used in the construction of the piece.
The exhibition will run until the 15th of December.
The building is usually open 08:00 - 22:00 weekdays, 09:00 - 17:30 Saturdays and 10:00 - 17:30 Sundays.
The take down date is yet to be confirmed and I will keep you updated.
“Long Note Award”
A guest juror will be invited to select the winner of the “Long Note Award”.
School of Music Collection
One piece will be chosen by the School of Music for the school's collection.
CTN Hanging Requirements
To reduce costs associated with hanging work and to allow for quicker hanging times for volunteers, please ensure that your work is ready to hang before delivering it to the exhibition.
Standard Framed/Mounted Work
Work which is hung against a wall and is either framed, fixed to a canvas or other rigid frame
1. Please affix a D Ring hanger securely to both top corners of your work. These can be bought in any hardware shop.
2. Do not add string between the D Rings. It will be added during the hanging.
3. Label your packaging clearly with your name so it can be found when collecting your work.
Unframed Flat Work
Flat soft work which is hung against a wall & suspended from a wooden batten or alternative frame
1. Please ensure there is a sufficient batten/frame to suspend your work from.
2. Affix a D Ring hanger or suitable fixing securely to both top corners of your work.
3. Do not add string between the D Rings.
4. Label your packaging clearly with your name so it can be found when collecting your work.