Leap is the CTN upcoming exhibition at Bishopstown Library - click on the image for full brief
(2020 is a Leap year)
Embroidery Hoop Exhibition
This is an open exhibition for work by all full members of CTN.
The theme for our upcoming exhibition in the Bishopstown Library space is Leap.
For this exhibition to reflect the theme, all work should be displayed in/on an embroidery hoop/s, (or have an embroidery hoop somewhere) in the size of your choice. We would like to see a large variation in size! Remember no hoop is too big! (Thinking HoolaHoops!) We need to fill up the space!
Work can take the form of a literal or abstract interpretation and can be in any textile medium or technique once there is an embroidery hoop! But we must be able to hang it from a picture rail!!!
Schedule for Exhibition
Location: Bishopstown Library, Wilton, Cork.
Saturday 1st February 2020
AGM- You can hand in Works at our meeting
Wednesday 5th February Hanging Day.
Hand-in of finished pieces from 10.30am to 11am only.
Thursday 6th February
Exhibition opening @ 6:30pm.
Saturday 29th February
Collection of work at 12 noon.
Terms & Conditions
- This exhibition is open to all registered full members of CTN, (pieces entered at your own risk as this is a public space)
- Work must be in embroidery hoops of any size.
- Work must be displayed appropriately within your chosen embroidery hoop and ready to hang.
- There is no hanging fee and more than 1 piece can be submitted by each artist.
- Commission on sales is 20%.
- Work should be delivered between 10.30-11am only on 5th February . (Contact Lisa for West Cork/Clonakilty enquiries)
- Work should be collected at 12 noon sharp on 29th of February. No facility is available to store uncollected work so all work must be collected, or arrangements made for same with friends or fellow artists.
- Please email or text your Name, Title of Piece, Price/NFS, materials/method, to either Lisa or Dara before the 5th of February.