Plans for our 20th Anniversary are building and the future projects are approaching fast on the horizon so this year we will be easier on your time. Click on the image for more information.
Cork Textiles Network
RDS Knitting and Stitching Show 2017
A proposed open exhibition is planned for the Knitting and Stitching Show in the RDS in Dublin this year to show pieces of works from the past and present.
This exhibition will be curated by an appointed team and will encompass submitted works and invited pieces. The curation team will meet prior to the October meeting and successful members will be asked to deliver their pieces to Amanda and Lesley at this meeting.
1) The curation team will approach a number of members directly requesting pieces that have been exhibited in past CTN exhibitions.
2) Members can submit works for consideration:
- Works must be less than 3 years old
- Works must not have been shown outside of Cork as part of a CTN exhibition
- Works may have been shown previously outside of Cork in exhibitions not organised by CTN
- Works do not have to have been shown before, new works will be accepted for consideration.
Though there is no set ‘theme’ for this exhibition the following requests must be respected.
- This is a high traffic exhibition and though CTN does its best to protect exhibited pieces with signage and staffing if your piece is very fragile please consider its protection. A few Perspex boxes are available through the network please contact Amanda to check availability and booking.
- Framed works must be in well framed plain frames and behind glass.
- If your piece requires a plinth please state its base dimensions in your submission. The piece must be stable and self-supporting or with a discrete stand.
- Consider logistics – Is it too big? If your piece requires a plinth please bear in mind that this plinth also needs to be factored into transport logistics, Can your piece travel? We do have a limited amount of space when transporting works to Dublin and this is always a difficult problem.
Pg 1 of 2
To enter please provide the following:
- Your Name (as you would like it to appear on the exhibition label)
- Title of the piece being submitted
- Price if for sale or please state Not For Sale (NFS)
- Dimensions and hanging requirements
- A full photo of the piece
- 1-2 detailed photos of the piece
- Materials and processes used in the construction of the piece.
Final Deadline 1st September 2017
NB. Submissions can be made any time prior to this date