The first exhibition to start off 2023 will be shown in Bishopstown library. Please note drop off is Wed 1st February 10.30-11.30am. Click image for brief.
This is an open exhibition for work by all full members of CTN.
The theme for our upcoming Spring exhibition in the Bishopstown Library space is Re-emerging.
As we all re-emerge from the last few years we can show off everything we achieved while at home.
Work can take the form of a literal or abstract interpretation and can be in any textile medium or technique.
For this exhibition we are accepting all 2D pieces, in any textile medium (no dangly bits) with a maximum size of 60cm x 60cm approx., hoops are welcome, white frames only, D-rings required on the top corners of all pieces.
Schedule for Exhibition
Location: Bishopstown Library, Wilton, Cork.
Wed. 1st February ‘23 Hanging Day – Wednesday, 1st February
Hand-in of finished pieces from 10.30am to 11.30am only.
Thur. 2nd February ‘23 Exhibition opening at 6.00pm. (Speaker TBC)
Mon. 28th February ’23 Collection of work between 11.00 and 12 noon.
Terms & Conditions
- This exhibition is open to all registered full members of CTN.
- Work must be displayed appropriately with D rings attached and ready to hang. (please see hanging guidelines on the web site under events)
- Hanging fee is €10 per piece submitted and more than 1 piece can be submitted by each artist.
- If submitted work is not hung due to high submissions you will be refunded for any pieces not included.
- Commission on sales is 20%.
- Work should be delivered between 10.30- 11.30 am only on Wed.1st February 2023.
- The opening will be held on Thursday the 2nd of February at 6pm.
- Work should be collected between 11.00 and 12.00 noon sharp on Monday 28th February. No facility is available to store uncollected work so all work must be collected, or arrangements made for same with friends or fellow artists.
- Neither the Bishopstown Library or Cork Textiles Network accept liability for any item submitted that may be lost, stolen or damaged. By submitting a piece you are accepting this
If you have any queries please contact Dee:
Please provide the following information with your piece :
1. Your name as you would like it to appear on the exhibition label
2. Title of the piece being submitted
3. Price or NFS
4. Materials and processes used in the construction of the piece.
To help the voluntary committee to use their time efficiently, we would appreciate if you would let us know if you plan to put a piece(s) forward for the Re-Emerging Exhibition by email or phone.